Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New York - Day 4

We only left our hotel at about 9:00am - the latest since we have been here. I think our body clocks have finally realised that they have lost 6 hours and have adapted. We took the bus and went up 5th Avenue and below are a few of the buildings that we saw. They are really impressive. Thereafter we got off at Greenwhich Village and wondered around there as well as Soho and Chinatown. We have certainly done a huge amount of walking!! After lunch at an Italian American Diner, we headed back uptown to find a scrapbook shop that we found on the internet - huge disappointment as they were mainly a shop selling arty type things. Shame, Dereck trekked all this way for nothing - thanks Dereck!!!
Here are a few pictures of some of the meals we have had. Everything here is huge - pizzas are double the size of our large, except you buy a piece and have it with salad. Dereck in Starbucks with his hot chocolate or coffee so that we can use the free wifi service and do our computer updates.
After our long adventures yesterday we got back to the hotel at about 6:00pm, Dereck was bushed, so he went back to our room and I went a wandering!! Of course I could not resist visiting the huge M & M shop. Below are pictures of 4 walls full of tubes of the various coloured M & M's. I also had an assessment and it told me that I am a Blue M & M - ha ha.

As I walked past a jewellry shop I saw that the Swarovski Crystals were on sale, and I was literally pulled into this shop!! I bought Tigger at a price cheaper than in SA even with the exchange rate!! I also managed to get Grant his NY cap and it is the new season official new cap, so Grant this one is really a collectors one!!
We ended up getting a Subway roll for supper and sat in our room eating it and eventually crashed at about 9:00pm.
Leaving New York tomorrow, but it has certainly been great fun.
New Yorkers signing off ...

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh what a disappointment re the scrap shop. I am anxiously, eagerley, etc. awaiting your first visit to a real massive scrapping haven! Yip, it looks like everything is big in the big apple, even the chips! Looking for forward to your next update. Hugs from Desire

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a busy day. Pity about the scrap booking shop. I certainly hope DL does not see the food portions you are consuming - otherwise you are going to be seriously punished on your return.

Carry on enjoying.

Andrea said...

ooooooooooooooo I LOVE m&m's....I would have sooooooo been in heaven.....hope you ate some at least!
xxx
A